This easy Weight Watchers taco soup is perfect for an easy dinner recipe. Weight Watchers chicken taco soup is healthy, wholesome, and indulgent!
This post contains links to products we use. If you buy through the link we earn a commission.
Here’s the thing…this delicious Weight Watchers chicken chili recipe is made in the Instant Pot. That means no standing in the kitchen watching a pot boil or checking in on a slow cooker that is running all day long.
This Weight Watchers taco soup is great for meal prep too because you can make a whole batch and eat it throughout the week, it holds up well in the refrigerator for about a week! Make sure to add fresh toppings as you serve the recipe, that way you don’t have to worry about them getting weird as it sits!
Looking for a way to use up any leftover roasted chicken? This soup is great for that!
Courtesy Points Calculation
- Be sure to calculate the points value of the foods and recipes you eat in the app.
- Always add ingredients and serving sizes and don’t rely on the nutrition facts in the recipe.
- Accuracy will come from the information you input on the app.
What do I need to make this Weight Watchers chicken bean soup recipe?
This delicious Weight Watchers recipe uses:
- White chili beans
- Black beans
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- Diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Petite tomatoes
- Frozen chicken breast
You can use thawed chicken breast if you need to but just be aware that it will likely cook a bit more quickly than the frozen breasts would!
How to make Instant Pot taco soup:
Add white chili beans, rinsed black beans, ½ can of corn, petite diced tomatoes, and tomatoes with green chilies, chicken broth, and frozen chicken breast to your instant pot.
Place the lid on top, latch it into place, and turn the valve to the seal position.
Press the “manual” button. Use the +/- button to set it to 14 minutes.
It will take about 10 minutes for it to reach pressure then your count down time will start.
Once your instant pot beeps and lets you know your soup is ready allow it to sit for about 10 minutes. Then carefully change the valve to release.
Once pressure is fully released, carefully remove the lid. Take out your chicken breasts and use a meat thermometer to make sure your chicken is at least 165 degrees. ( If it is not at least 165 degrees, place it back in your Instant Pot and set the time for 2 mins.) Using two forks, shred your chicken then place it back in your pot and give it a good stir.
Enjoy warm with your choice of toppings!
Kitchen Essentials for Instant Pot recipes:
For this recipe, you’ll need an Instant Pot or another electric pressure cooker. They’re so easy to use and there are so many awesome recipes out there for them that you really can’t go wrong with buying one! I use mine every week for a variety of different recipes.
My Instant Pot Duo is one of my favorite kitchen appliances, we wouldn’t want to go back to life without it that’s for sure!
One serving of this recipe is about 2 cups of soup!
Looking for some topping ideas for this tasty Instant Pot taco soup?
Some of the best toppings for this delicious taco soup made in the Instant Pot are nonfat sour cream, low-fat shredded Mexican cheese, and tortilla chips.
These items will add to your points and will need to be calculated separately. Make sure to add any points that these toppings “cost” to your total for the soup itself!
Looking for more delicious Weight Watchers recipes?
Here are some of our other favorite Weight Watchers recipes that you can make in the Instant Pot! The electric pressure cooker is one of our favorite kitchen appliances because it makes cooking healthy meals so easy and fun!
I love that I don’t have to hover over the stove or keep checking on something while it cooks! Try out Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup, Instant Pot Pork and Sauerkraut, Weight Watchers Instant Pot Recipes, Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken Recipe, WW Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken, and even Weight Watchers Candied Sweet Potatoes in the Instant Pot! My turkey chili is always a big hit as well!
Printable Weight Watchers Chicken Taco Soup Recipe:
- 1 Can of white chili beans (15 oz)
- 1 Can of corn (15 oz)
- 1 Can of black beans (15 oz)
- 1 – 32oz package of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 – 10oz can of diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 Can of petite tomatoes (15 oz)
- 1 ¼ lbs of frozen chicken breast
- Add white chili beans, rinsed black beans, corn, petite diced tomatoes and tomatoes with green chilies, chicken broth and frozen chicken breast to your instant pot.
- Place lid on top, latch into place and turn valve to the seal position.
- Press the “manual” button. Use the +/- button to set to 14 minutes.
- It will take about 10 minutes for it to reach pressure then your count down time will start.
- Once your instant pot beeps and lets you know your soup is ready allow it to sit for about 10 minutes. Then carefully change the valve to release.
- Once pressure is fully released, carefully remove the lid. Take out your chicken breasts and use a meat thermometer to make sure your chicken is at least 165 degrees. ( If it is not at least 165 degrees, place it back in your pot and set the time for 2 mins.) Using two forks, shred your chicken then place it back in your pot and give it a good stir.
- Enjoy warm with your choice of toppings!
Optional Toppings: Nonfat sour cream, low fat shredded Mexican cheese, tortilla chips. (These items will add to your points and will need to be calculated separately )
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 364Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 96mgSodium 720mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 8gSugar 8gProtein 45g
As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts, WW points and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.