This easy Weight Watchers cabbage soup is perfect for cooler weather. Spicy WW cabbage soup is also great for meal prep!
This recipe post contains affiliate links to products we use in preparing recipes. If you click through and make a purchase we make a commission.
Making soup is a fall and winter staple in our house. This spicy cabbage soup is great for when things cool down and we need a wholesome dinner to warm us up!
Looking for another great soup recipe? Try out this vegan Weight Watchers corn soup!
Some other great soup recipes that you’ll want to try are Weight Watchers Chicken Taco Soup, Weight Watchers Lasagna Soup, Weight Watchers Potato Soup, Weight Watchers Hamburger Soup, Homemade Vegetable Soup | Weight Watchers Vegetable Soup, Weight Watchers Chicken Zoodle Soup, and Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup!
There’s so many awesome soup recipes to choose from and they’re all calculated for Weight Watchers. For you on the myWW programs you’ll be pleased that you know how to track the recipes and for those of you not on the program, just know you’re eating healthy recipes that are also family friendly!
Here’s what you’ll need to make WW Cabbage Soup:
You might be wondering if you need all of these ingredients, it might seem like a lot, but in reality we are building flavors and all of these things come together to create a delicious final product.
You’ll need some super lean ground turkey breast, jalapeños, onions, cilantro, chili garlic sauce, egg whites, ginger root, red pepper flakes, low sodium chicken broth, Napa cabbage, matchstick carrots, bell pepper, lime juice, asian fish sauce, and salt / pepper to taste!
If you don’t like a spicy soup you can leave out the jalapeños and red pepper flakes. You could also cut back on the chili garlic sauce to tone down the heat!
How to make this Weight Watchers cabbage soup recipe:
In a medium size bowl mix turkey, cilantro, onion, jalapeno, egg white, 1 tsp of red pepper flakes, 1 tbsp ginger, a dash of salt.
Prepare the baking sheet with cooking spray.
Form the meatballs using hands, you will make approx 16 1 inch meatballs.
Place in the oven on broil for 4 minutes.
Turn the meatballs.
Place back in the oven for another 4 minutes.
While meatballs are cooking, prepare the soup.
In a medium – large pot pour in the chicken broth, chili garlic sauce, 1tsp red pepper flakes and remaining 1 tbsp of ginger.
Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
Add in cabbage, bell pepper, and carrot sticks.
Once vegetables are softened (approx 4-5 minutes) squeeze in the lime juice and stir in Asian fish sauce.
Add meatballs once they are done in the oven.
Serve when ready and top with cilantro if desired.
Weight Watchers Information for Spicy Cabbage Soup:
Here is the Weight Watchers breakdown for this recipe in terms of points. The recipe makes 8 servings. If you break it down into more/less servings you’ll need to recalculate for yourself. I use the Weight Watchers online recipe creator, it’s great for finding the points of any recipe!
Looking for other Weight Watchers recipes to try?
I’ve included some of my favorite soup recipes above but here are some other WW recipes that you’ll love. They’re all calculated for the three myWW programs so you’ll have no trouble figuring out how to track them!
Try out Weight Watchers Air Fryer Chips, Air Fryer Chicken Tenders | WW Friendly, Loaded Air Fryer Baked Potatoes, Air Fryer Pickles | WW Fried Pickles, Weight Watchers Eggplant Casserole, Weight Watchers Peppermint Treats, Weight Watchers Deviled Eggs, Weight Watchers Chili Recipe, or even Weight Watchers Roasted Chicken Recipe!
Printable Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup Recipe:
- 1 lb ground turkey - if on WW use 99% lean so that it's 0 Points
- 2 jalapenos, diced small - remove seeds if desired, leaving them in will add more "heat"
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp ginger root (or freeze dried ginger), grated
- 2 tsp of red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth (2 cartons)
- 5 cups napa cabbage cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 1/2 bell pepper, cut into thin strips, I used red for color
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 1/2 tbsp Asian Fish Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- In a medium size bowl mix turkey, cilantro, onion, jalapeno, egg white, 1 tsp of red pepper flakes, 1 tbsp ginger, a dash of salt.
- Prepare the baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Form the meatballs using hands, you will make approx 16 1 inch meatballs.
- Place in the oven on broil for 4 minutes.
- Turn the meatballs.
- Place back in the oven for another 4 minutes.
- While meatballs are cooking, prepare the soup.
- In a medium - large pot pour in the chicken broth, chili garlic sauce, 1tsp red pepper flakes and remaining 1 tbsp of ginger.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Add in cabbage, bell pepper, and carrot sticks.
- Once vegetables are softened (approx 4-5 minutes) squeeze in the lime juice and stir in Asian fish sauce.
- Add meatballs once they are done in the oven.
- Serve when ready and top with cilantro if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hiware 12-Piece Soup Spoons, Round Stainless Steel Bouillon Spoons
Rorence Mixing Bowls with Lids
DOWAN Cereal Bowl, 22 Ounce Soup Bowls White Ceramic Bowl Set of 6, White Porcelain Bowls for Kitchen, Oven & Dishwasher & Microwave Safe, White Porcelain Soup Bowls for Cereal Soup Rice Pasta Salad
Soup Ladle,304 Stainless Steel Cooking Ladle Spoon Wok Tools with Long Wooden Handle Heat Resistant,Silver/14.6Inch
Stock Pot, ROCKURWOK Nonstick Soup Pot Pasta Cooking Pot with Lid, Cast Aluminum Casserole Dutch Oven with Double Wooden Handle, 3.3 Quart, White
KYTD Nonstick Soup Pot with Lid Casserole Pot Granite Stone Coating Induction Compatible, 5-Quart
Amount Per Serving Calories 226Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 60mgSodium 480mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 21g
As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts, WW points and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
This post is in no way authorized or associated with the Weight Watchers Program.